Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Bonds must be posted at the Circuit Clerks office located in the Courthouse Annex, 130 Court Street, Versailles, KY 40383, Phone: (859) 873-3711.
Property Bonds and Cash Bonds over $10,000 must be posted at the Circuit Clerks Office.
Posting a Bond After Hours
To post a bond after the Circuit Clerk’s office is CLOSED, during a holiday or on the weekends, please do the following:
Go to the Woodford County Detention Center. You must have the following in order to post bond:
A valid ID and the correct amount in CASH. Posting a bond after hours adds a $60 fee to the bond amount ($25 Clerks Filing Fee, $5 Administration Fee, and a $30 Bond Fee).
The Detention Center does not give change.
A Lieutenant, Sergeant or Corporal will assist you with the paperwork needed for the bond.
Types of Bonds
Release on Recognizance
- Requires only the signature of the defendant and a promise to appear in court as scheduled.
- Requires full cash amount to posted plus fees. If you choose to post this bond on behalf of another, and the person does not show up for court appearances or does not abide by conditions that may be imposed by the Court, you will be subject to have this cash forfeited by the Court. If no violations of the conditions of bond occur, then the full amount will be refunded upon disposition of the case. A cash bond over $10,000 must be posted at the Circuit Clerk’s office during business hours.
- Requires property owners to have equity in their property that is equal to twice the face amount of the bond in order to qualify. A lien will be placed on this property to secure the bond. Once again, if the person does not show up for court appearances or does not abide by conditions that may be imposed by the Court, you will be subject to forfeiture by the Court. There are also fees for processing this type of bond. The lien on the property will be released upon disposition of the case. Property bonds may only be posted at the Circuit Clerk’s Office during business hours.
- Requires a percentage of the cash amount set as bond (usually 10%, but can vary). If a bond has been set at $500 you would be required to post $50 (if the partially secured bond was set at 10 %?). There is a processing fee for this type of bond, so you would receive 90% of the $50 you posted once the case is disposed. If the person does not show up for court appearances or does not abide by conditions that may be imposed by the Court, you may be subject to pay $500 as forfeiture by the Court.
- Requires a third party to sign with the defendant. These types of bonds are subject to approval on a local basis. If the person does not show up for court appearances or does not abide by conditions that may be imposed by the Court, you may be subject to forfeiture by the Court. The amount of the forfeiture would be the amount set as bond.
- Requires that the defendant sign and promise to appear. There is a money amount attached to this type of bond and a failure to appear in court or a failure to abide by conditions imposed by the court by the person could lead to a forfeiture of the bond that the defendant would be required to pay.
For more information visit: http://courts.ky.gov/courtprograms/pretrialservices